Monday, October 20, 2008

Do you share?

I went through my two posts and actually tried to stick with my own guide which I assumed to be helpful! Well, in reality it is a different story. Very different! (You know these know-it-alls that know everything in theory but cannot act perfectly in real themselves? I am starting to think I am one of those :( )
Fortunately, I have a very good friend who is all about Halloween and even more fortunately, we are wearing the same size for clothes and shoes!
So, here comes my “JUST-IN-CASE” point seven:
If you do not make it to your own Halloween costume, think of a friend with the same shoe and dress size and an enormous fascination for costumes, sparkles, and glitter stuff. These kind of persons will not just buy one wig or one pair of shoes, nor just one dress, they buy a bunch! It might not be your own costume in the end but it is still special and unique. At least, it is a good compromise to your not existing version and still way better than those completely ugly ready-made-costumes! (Yes, I could go on about how horrible they are for hours!)
And after all, isn’t that what friends are for? Helping each other out in situations of bad luck!?
As promised at the end of my last post, for point eight, I will let you in on the hot spots for costumes and co if you really have to hit a store
Point eight: You live close to San Francisco, therefore you know one awesome Halloween must-shop place already. Of course, I am talking about the Haight-Ashbury! Walking through the streets there, you always feel like it is Halloween year-round but have you ever noticed the hippie-style crazy-looking stores that sell wigs and weird shoes and lord know what else? The stores you would probably never set a foot in, are very likely to turn out as the most surprising ones. I cannot give you names of all these places as they are little and sometimes well hidden which makes me not memorize them well (or is that because of all the smoke clouds you are surrounded by walking through the height that affect your ability to think clearly?!).

Point nine: Still looking for more things for little cash? Shop at Ross or Goodwill or the Flea Market (if they give things away for free, doesn't that count as sharing in a way;) ). Probably no places, you would buy your everyday clothes, this time of year you will feel like a kid in a candy store. You will find the ugliest pair of shoes that will go super well with that fascinatingly patterned dress. And somehow, you manage to look great –not weird- with all your accessories and make-up and whatnot.

See you for my next post in which I will go on about where to score awesome costumes. Time's running out, folks!

Happy Halloween!

Anke

No comments: