Monday, October 20, 2008

Status check

Yes, I am right back! And it has a reason. You know how it is only 11 more days until Halloween? And you know how I talked about the pre-parties and the pre-pre-parties in my first post?
I am admittedly starting to panic! My best friend and I went to a party Saturday night which resulted in an invitation for a Halloween party this Friday in one of the nicest hotels in the city with 3000 people attending. After being stoked about a potentially great party, I realized that although a blogger about the perfect Halloween costume myself, I had not gotten very far with my own costume. I still have my long black hair wig and my black blazer. I found my red leather gloves from last winter and a pair of red tights as well as a pair of black-and-white-striped ones.
I am a list-making loving person, so let us check some things off.
Point 1: Check! I do not have a ready-made costume.
Point 2: Check! I found a couple of accessories.
Point 3: Check! More or less. I am picturing some baroque looking lady with some crazy
features. Not sure if that’s what I will look like Friday though :-/
Point 4: Check! Still loving my blazer.
Point 5: Check! Found gloves and tights as afore mentioned.
Point 6: …Nothing so far in this department…my own shoes are “too boring” (not in
general I like to think but for Halloween)
Point 7: Check! Check! Check! My friend is absolutely obsessed with costumes! She will be my safety-net. (Although I’d like to state that I was her safety net last year.
HA!)
Point 8: Uhm, would have been able to put a check mark here if I had gotten out of bed Saturday early enough to go shopping before partying :-/

Well, I am not very fond that this post will help you at all as my failing for point 6 and 8 might take away my blogs credibility. Why trust someone who gives advices she did not use? To defend myself, I want to say that I shopped in the Haight last year and borrowed shoes from my friend. So, I hope, I might pass this time!

I know, I promised you more spots to get your costume but I needed to check on my costumes status first! (Ok, sometimes, I am selfish. But honestly, who is not?!) Next time, more tips guaranteed!

Happy Halloween!

Anke

No comments: